Monday, July 14, 2014

Updating the Guest Room

For a while I have wanted to add a little more color to the guest room at our summer cottage and recently I was able to do just that.  I had seen a “bed in bag” at a local department store and decided to think about it.  While I was thinking about it, I received some reward bucks from said department store and as I was strolling through the store I just happened to notice that the bedding I was thinking about was reduced to half price and it just happened to be almost the exact price as my reward bucks! As you can imagine, I didn’t have to think anymore! I snapped up the Waverly bedding and headed to the check out.

guest room re-do

And here is a picture of the “before.”

Guest room 1

Here is a little closer look.

guest room re-do close up

I also updated the drop cloth window treatments by switching out the top and bottom accent fabric.

guest room re-do

As an additional detail, I made new “slip covers” for the lamp shades in coordinating fabric. You can see how I made them in this post.

guest room lamp shade

The existing settee and artwork stayed the same.

Settee and floor lamp

You can read the story about the settee by clicking here. You can read the post about the floor lamp by clicking here. You can take a little tour of the summer cottage here. This was a very quick and easy project and was very budget friendly!

a signature

I will be linking to the Scoop at Worthing Court and to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style. Click the links for lots of inspiration.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Very pretty! I love the new color scheme. Everything fits in the room perfectly.

I've just been working on a post for tomorrow about our master bedroom. It needs new bedding and some love. I hope I stumble across something pretty that is a great price.

Vel Criste said...

I love the new vibrant color, although the old one looked pretty still Pat!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I've been wondering how to lengthen my draperies so I'm going to check out your old posts fully. Just wanted to say I'm your newest follower.

Unknown said...

I love your panels with the contrast at the top and bottom! The lamp shade cover is adorable. Great changes. Hope you enjoy the new look of your guest room. :-)
Blessings!
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates