Monday, August 26, 2013

Blueberry Crumble

a blueberry crumble with ice cream

I have thoroughly enjoyed eating fresh blueberries this summer! I have made this blueberry crumble recipe for dessert several times. It is delicious, especially when served warm from the oven and topped with ice cream!  Several times I served it in Irish coffee mugs. blueberry crumble 3

I also purchased some extra blueberries while they were “buy one get one free” and put them away to use later. They are very easy to freeze. Simply rinse them and spread them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet before sticking them in the freezer. After they have frozen, transfer the berries to a freezer bag.

freezing blueberries

I reduced the sugar from the original recipe that I found online and it was plenty sweet enough!

Blueberry Crumble

6 cups (3 pints) blueberries

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup quick cooking oats

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick butter at room temperature, cubed

Toss blueberries and cornstarch. Put blueberry mixture in an 8 x 8 baking dish and set aside.

Combine the dry ingredients then cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.  Layer the crumble mixture over the berries.

Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.

Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream on top!

You can click here for a printable recipe!!!

I hope that you are enjoying the last few days of summer! I know this sounds VERY AMBITIOUS but I have planned 3 posts this week with recipes for enjoying summer’s bounty. I know, I should have posted a month ago but I have a busy life! Please check back for the other recipes.

a signature

I’ll be linking to Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life and to Grace at Home at Imparting Grace. Click the link for lots of inspiration!

Click here to see my Tomato Pie recipe and here to see how I cooked corn on the cob!

 

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Looks so good, thanks so much for the recipe. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty